Re: A question on performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: A question on performance
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 03:33:01AM +0000, Ron Harter wrote:

> per second.

> Will postgresql be able to handle that many updates per second an a
> sustained basis (24/7)?

You don't say what hardware you're planning on using.  So a definite
"maybe".  If your disk is fast enough and you have enough CPUs, you
should be able to handle it without too much trouble.  But if you're
planning on running it on an old Pentium box with 16 Meg of memory,
you'll have a rough time ;-)

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110