Re: [HACKERS] pgaccess - where to store the own data - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Matthew T. OConnor
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pgaccess - where to store the own data
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> As someone else mentioned (I think), even using a separate schema is not
> always an acceptable option. If you are using a "packaged" application
> (whether commercial or open source), you usually don't want *any*
> changes to the vendor provided database. Particularly with commercial
> software, that can mean loss of, or problems with, technical support, or
> problems when upgrading.

Agreed, but if the information is to be stored using the database server at
all, then I think this option should be left in since some users probably
don't mind the clutter, and will not be allowed to create a new database or
schemea.