Re: v7.2.2 packaged ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: v7.2.2 packaged ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 22 August 2002 11:43 pm, Lamar Owen wrote:
> Just got the cvs checkout of REL7_2_STABLE downloaded... :-)  Oh well.  I
> can possibly get an RPM pushed out tomorrow evening (I'm out of the office
> and out of town most of the day tomorrow fixing an errant transmitter).
> Time to load the line up another half hour.... :-)

Well, the build is successful for RPM purposes for 7.2.2.  Can't regression
test this one yet -- the machine I built it on is running a live OpenACS
website backed by 7.2.1.  Still have 18 minutes to go on my dialup download
of the 7.2.2 pre tarball.

Sooooo..... look in /pub/binary/v7.2.2-prelease/RPMS/SRPMS for a
super-prerelease SOURCE RPM.  No binaries. (Yes, I have them.  No, I'm not
uploading them at this point -- rpm --rebuild is your friend at this point in
time.  I'll do a proper RPM release when I can integrate a couple of patches
properly -- Saturday morning may work, as I'll be on the other end of a T1
most of that day.)  For the purposes of release announcements, Marc, a simple
'RPMS should be available within a day or two' should be sufficient.

But if you are of that bent, rpm --rebuild that source RPM all you want....
:-)  Fast enough, Marc? :-)
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio