Re: i'll promise, i'll be polite :-) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: i'll promise, i'll be polite :-)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 21 August 2002 10:42 am, Sir Mordred The Traitor wrote:
> Hi.
> This post certainly contains no valuable information,
> but i feel i should clarify some points.

> 1) I like postgresql and i worked with it for a long time.
> 2) Solution like "killall -9 postmaster" was just a joke.

First, it is good you found the problems.

However, you really should have notified the developers first.  And giving
joke advice as a solution isn't the height of responsibility.  I have taken
the liberty of addressing that issue on BugTraq, if it passes moderation.

Having said that, I personally look forward to you telling us about problems
you find, and helping audit this codebase.  After all, if you found it
someone else can too.

But I hope you don't suffer too much for the repercussions that will
undoubtedly be voiced here -- you did, afterall, make somewhat of a 'splash'
when diving in.  :-)
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio