Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > OK, with two people now asking to have the patch removed, and with no
> > comment from Thomas, I have removed the patch.  This removes XLogDir
> > environment variable, and -X postmaster/postgres/initdb/pg_ctl flag.
>
> I thought we intended to keep the -X switch for initdb (only), and have
> it make a symlink.

The majority of the patch wasn't needed, so rather than muck it up, I
just backed it all out.  If we want that, and I think we do, someone
should implent it as a separate patch that people can review.  All the
work is going to be done in initdb anyway.

Pennsylvania19073