Re: Problem with JDBCRealm in Tomcat - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Håkon Hansen
Subject Re: Problem with JDBCRealm in Tomcat
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Friday 26 July 2002 16:07, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Haakon,
>
> Do you have a firewall between you and the db? It is possible for
> firewalls to drop connections if they have been masqueraded, or natted.
>
> Was the db restarted? if so the connection will be dropped.
>
> Dave

Just thought I'd report back that the firewall seems to be the problem. We
tested different configurations, one of them being an Apache HTTPD webserver
outside the firewall, and everything else behind (in the DMZ).

Thanks for your help, Dave!

Yours,

Haakon Hansen
Norway