Re: SQL99 CONVERT() function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: SQL99 CONVERT() function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I suggest using the official IANA names and replace all the non-identifier
> characters by underscores and all upper-case letters with lower-case.
> So it would be iso_8859_1_to_utf_8.  That way it's almost as pretty but a
> lot more predictable.

Sounds reasonable. I'll look into this. However I have to examin each
encodings carefully. Because:

(1) some encodings are not listed IANA (e.g. TCVN, WIN874...)

(2) some offcial IANA names seem not appropriate   (e.g. Extended_UNIX_Code_Packed_Format_for_Japanese)
:
:
--
Tatsuo Ishii