O'Reilly Open Source Convention Report - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject O'Reilly Open Source Convention Report
Date
List pgsql-general
The O'Reilly Open Source Convention was two weeks ago, and I wanted to
report on it to the group.

There were a large number of PostgreSQL folks at the conference, and
PostgreSQL activities going on every day.  We had a BOF, two tutorials,
and lots of PostgreSQL presentations.  Also important, we had a chance
to meet other PostgreSQL users and discuss the project and its future
direction.

PostgreSQL showed significant growth since last year.  We had almost 50%
of the database talks, and I overheard a number of people talking about
PostgreSQL in the hallways.  Clearly the awareness of PostgreSQL and how
it meets the needs of serious database users is continuing to permeate
into the community.

I certainly would like to go again next year.

There are great pictures of the event at http://cluster.cybertec.at/pgoscon/.