Re: Object Oriented Features - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: Object Oriented Features
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 10:13:26AM +0530, Nishkala wrote:

> I am a student doing my graduation in India. I want to know what are the
> other OODBMS features ( other than inheritance ) available
> in PostGreSQL. It would be great if you can help me out with some
> information regarding this.
The PostgreSQL is "Object-Relational DBMS" and not clean "Object Oriented".The good and short description about DBs
typesyou can read at

   http://wwwinfo.cern.ch/db/aboutdbs/classification/
I think most of the current used SQL DBs are "Object-Relational".
OO in PostgreSQL means that you can create own operators, datetypes, functions...   Something about really Object
Orientedyou can found at:

   http://www.odbmsfacts.com/

       Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,