Re: Serious Crash last Friday - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Serious Crash last Friday
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 10:39:21AM +0200, Henrik Steffen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> trying pgfsck on my corrupted employee table from friday it gave me about 85
> lines complaining
> about "Tuple incorrect length (parsed data=xxxxxx, length=xxx)"
>
> the table had 184 rows, out of which 85 were corrupt ??

Hmm, it depends mostly on whether the parsed was greater or less than the
length. If it's less than it is something to do with additional padding
being added at the end, which I havn't worked out yet. I'm thinking of
supressing the warning where the remaining looks like padding.

If it's greater, there is a problem.

> trying pgfsck on the current employee table of today (after new initdb etc.)
> with 184 rows,
> I get 814 (!!) rows complaining about "Tuple incorrect length ..." - how can
> this be???

Same or different tables?