Re: Per tuple overhead, cmin, cmax, OID - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Per tuple overhead, cmin, cmax, OID
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > I will say that I was disappointed by previous release delays and will be
> > more vocal about moving things forward than I have in the past.
>
> I don't know ... I kinda like being able to confidently say to clients
> that "the latest release is always the most stable/reliable" and not being
> burned by it :)  Hell, last release, I started moving to v7.2 on some of
> our production servers around beta4 or so, since a) I was confident and b)
> I needed some of the features ...
>
> Not many software packages you can say that about anymore, eh?

Yes, true, I am not going to push the schedule.  What I want to try to
do is keep people more informed of where we are in the release process,
and more informed about the open issues involved.

That squishy freeze is one of those items that is very hard to organize
because it is so arbitrary about what should be added.  I think we need
to communicate CODE-CODE-CODE until September 1, then communicate
TEST-TEST-TEST after that.  We will not release before it is ready, but
we will marshall our forces better.

Pennsylvania19026