make_ctags problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mattew T. O'Connor
Subject make_ctags problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello, I have been trying to get the make_ctags script working.  On Redhat 7.3
(that is all I have access to at the moment.) the script generates the
following output:

[matthew@zeutrh73 src]$ pwd
/home/matthew/src/pgsql/src
[matthew@zeutrh73 src]$ ./tools/make_ctags
ctags: Unknown option: -d
ctags: Unknown option: -d
ctags: Unknown option: -d
sort: open failed: tags: No such file or directory
[matthew@zeutrh73 src]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Linux release 7.3 (Valhalla)
[matthew@zeutrh73 src]$ ctags --version
Exuberant Ctags 5.2.2, Copyright (C) 1996-2001 Darren Hiebert Compiled: Feb 26 2002, 04:51:30 Addresses:
<dhiebert@users.sourceforge.net>,http://ctags.sourceforge.net Optional compiled features: +wildcards, +regex

The ./tags file created is not created, so all the symlinks created throught
the source tree are broken.

The make_ctags script runs without error if I change line 5

from:  -type f -name '*.[chyl]' -print|xargs ctags -d -t -a -f tags
to:    -type f -name '*.[chyl]' -print|xargs ctags -a -f tags

The man page for ctags does not list -d or -t as valid options.

Am I doing somthing wrong?  Something with the version of ctags provided by
Redhat?

Also when I attempt to use the tags file what was created by the modified
make_ctags script, I get the following errors from vi:

E432: Tags file not sorted: tags
E426: tag not found: BUFFER_LOCK_UNLOCK

Matthew