Re: Monitoring backend activities - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From cbbrowne@cbbrowne.com
Subject Re: Monitoring backend activities
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Hi everybody,
>  I'm a hookie in this discussion list. Well, my intent is to get some
> informations about PostgreSQL internals to work on a project. There
> is an excellent GPL'ed tool to work with Oracle called TOra. It is as
> good as TOAD and SQL Navigator from Quest Software. As a meaning of
> collaborate with the Open Source world i was thinking in port TOra to
> PostgreSQL. So, we'll have a great database and a great tool to manage
> it.

I think that would be "rookie;" the term "hookie" refers to what you're
"playing" if you skip school.

>  Problem is: reading PostgreSQL documentation i didn't find any
> information about system tables having runtime informations as Oracle
> has. And one of the great features of TOra is the possibility to see
> in charts, in real-time, all kind of I/O operations, memory usage,
> queries being executed, etc...

The only problem I see is that TOra already seems quite well supported for
PostgreSQL.  I'm running it at the moment, and it works quite well...
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" "@cbbrowne.com")
http://www.cbbrowne.com/info/lsf.html
-- Courtney Love, Salon.com, June 14, 2000

--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" "@ntlug.org")
http://www.cbbrowne.com/info/rdbms.html

--