Monitoring backend activities - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel H. F. e Silva
Subject Monitoring backend activities
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi everybody,I'm a hookie in this discussion list. Well, my intent is to get some informations about
PostgreSQL internals to work on a project. There is an excellent GPL'ed tool to work with Oracle
called TOra. It is as good as TOAD and SQL Navigator from Quest Software. As a meaning of
collaborate with the Open Source world i was thinking in port TOra to PostgreSQL. So, we'll have a
great database and a great tool to manage it. Problem is: reading PostgreSQL documentation i didn't find any
informationabout system tables

having runtime informations as Oracle has. And one of the great features of TOra is the
possibility to see in charts, in real-time, all kind of I/O operations, memory usage, queries
being executed, etc...If i didn't make myself clear, please point your browser to http://www.globecom.se/tora/
and see what i am suggesting to adapt to PostgreSQL.I hope i did not disturb anybody here.And, keep doing your great
job.We are in debt with you guys!

Best regards,Daniel.