Re: PostgreSQL mission statement? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: PostgreSQL mission statement?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
mlw wrote:
> "Marc G. Fournier" wrote:
>
> > > BTW, I think PostgreSQL does _not_ need any mission statement.
> >
> > Nope, it doesn't ... never did before, don't know why it does suddenly ...
> > do any other open source projects have one?  Its kinda fun to see what ppl
> > banter around, but I can't see it being useful to adopt any single one,
> > considering I can't see *everyone* agreeing with it ...
>
> We as developers do not need mission statements, per se' but it is often useful
> as something to point to.
   Yupp.  As  PostgreSQL  developers  we are simply committed to   make commit what others need to commit to
PostgreSQL.
   If we ever define something  like  a  mission  statement,  it   should be named "The 10 commitments" anyway, no?

Jan