Civility of core/hackers group - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Civility of core/hackers group
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Here is the resignation letter from Jordan Hubbard, long time FreeBSD
core member.  The interesting part is where he explains that being in
the core/hackers group isn't fun anymore:
http://daily.daemonnews.org/view_story.php3?story_id=2837

FreeBSD is certainly a larger project, so I don't know how relevant it
is to our group, but I do think it is important to recognize how easily
a group can slip into a unhealthy situation.  The killer line is:
 ...core still feels too much like the pre-WWII Polish Parliament sometimes, where we're fully capable of arguing some
issueright up to the point where tanks are rolling through the front door and rendering the whole debate somewhat
moot.

We have been very fortunate to have avoided such problems since we
started six years ago, and I hope it never happens.

For those curious what the PostgreSQL core group discusses behind closed
doors -- basically nothing.  I don't think we have had any meaningful
discussion for many months, so it is not like things are being debated
in core that you aren't hearing about;  nothing is happening in core
because there no conflicts.

Pennsylvania19026