Re: Documentation on page files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: Documentation on page files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 07:28:32PM +1000, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> http://svana.org/kleptog/pgsql/page.sgml.txt
>
> I don't know whatever SGML format this is using, so the layout is not great,
> but the information should be accurate. I used it to create a program to
> dump the datafiles directly without the postmaster :).

Excellent - since this is a FRP (Frequently Requested Program) how do you
feel about dumping it in contrib? Even if it's hardcoded for your particular
table structure, it could serve as a starting point for some poor DBA
who's got to recover from a lost xlog, for example.

Ross