Re: 7.3 schedule - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: 7.3 schedule
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:58:01 +0900
"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure I believe Hannu's numbers, but in any case they're fairly
> > irrelevant to the argument about whether a special protocol is useful.
> > He wasn't testing textually-long queries, but rather the planning
> > overhead, which is more or less independent of the length of any literal
> > constants involved (especially if they're not part of the WHERE clause).
> > Saving query plans via PREPARE seems quite sufficient, and appropriate,
> > to tackle the planner-overhead issue.
>
> Just a confirmation.
> Someone is working on PREPARE/EXECUTE ?
> What about Karel's work ?

I am. My work is based on Karel's stuff -- at the moment I'm still
basically working on getting Karel's patch to play nicely with
current sources; once that's done I'll be addressing whatever
issues are stopping the code from getting into CVS.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>