Re: Zlib vulnerability heads-up. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Zlib vulnerability heads-up.
Date
Re: Zlib vulnerability heads-up.  (Greg Copeland <greg@CopelandConsulting.Net>)
Re: Zlib vulnerability heads-up.  (Jan Wieck <janwieck@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 12 March 2002 11:24 am, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> > Updating zlib is strongly recommended by many sources, and a patch is
> > available.

> FWIW, I really doubt this is much of a problem for postgresql. It's
> mainly a problem for applications dealing with untrusted, compressed
> data (webbrowsers, imageviewers, programs with skins downloaded from
> the Internet) etc.

It's probably NOT a big problem; but it IS a bug in an underlying library.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio