Re: [lxp-general] Re: FREE ERD TOOL for POSTGRES ??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric Webber
Subject Re: [lxp-general] Re: FREE ERD TOOL for POSTGRES ???
Date
List pgsql-general

Does ArgoUML fully support all of Postgres' Data Types out of
the box [as ERWIN supports Oracle for example] and ability show
cardinality etc and reverse engineer etc with Postgres, all the
relationships, constraints etc ?

warmest regards,

Eric Sean Webber

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Fernando Lozano (fsl@centroin.com.br)
wrote:

> Hi Kaare,
>
> > > There is also a list of ERD Tools which work with
PostgreSQL at :
> > > http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php#erdtools
> >
> > If I quilify the search with these parameters:
> >  - OSS
> >  Why? Because I need it for an OSS project.
> >  - Reverse Engineering
> >  - Forward Engineering
> >  - Layered approach
> >  I want to be able to look only at tables related to e.g.
customers,
> orders
> >
> > What are my options?
>
> I guess you won't find such a powerfull OSS tool. The close
you'll get
> is to ArgoUML (www.argouml.org) + UML2SQL (search on
freshmeat).