Re: terminal with horizontal scrollbar - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: terminal with horizontal scrollbar
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 05:45:23PM -0500, Antoine Reid wrote:

> Note this will only work if psql calls the pager, and it only does so if the
> number of lines will be greater than the height of your xterm. There might
> be a way to tell psql to unconditionnaly pipe through PAGER, but then, even
> in simple queries, you would have to hit 'q' to get back to psql's prompt...

Couldn't ou pass less the '-e' switch as well?  Then you wouldn't
have to hit 'q' everytime.  (Of course, I guess you'd lose the output
at the end of a long result set.)

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110