Re: Formatted man pages - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Formatted man pages
Date
Re: Formatted man pages  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-docs
Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> > Oh.  I thought postgresql-7.2.tar.gz had everything.  I guess it has
> > everything except the HTML docs.  I see now.  Makes sense.
>
> Glad it makes sense to someone.  I, too, thought the main tarball had
> everything.  It should.  I was under the impression that the base tarball
> is the one you needed if you were only grabbing parts of the distribution.

Actually, it doesn't make sense to me.  I was being polite.  :-)  I
thought the postgresql-7.2.tar.gz had everything, including HTML.  At
least I think it should.

In fact, in looking at the postgresql-7.2.tar.gz tarball, I see:

FAQ                     FAQ_Solaris             TODO
FAQ_AIX                 FAQ_german              TODO.detail/
FAQ_DEV                 FAQ_japanese            bug.template
FAQ_HPUX                KNOWN_BUGS              man.tar.gz   <----
FAQ_IRIX                MISSING_FEATURES        postgres.tar.gz  <----
FAQ_MSWIN               Makefile                src/
FAQ_QNX4                README.mb.big5
FAQ_SCO                 README.mb.jp

So, it has the man pages and HTML files?  OK, I see now, the man pages
are in the base tarball postgresql-base-7.2.tar.gz, so they don't need
to be in the doc tarball.  Now, I really do get it.