CVS log, HTML format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject CVS log, HTML format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Here is a colorized CVS log showing the commit messages from the 7.2
release:
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/momjian/cvslog.html

The log is in abbeviated format, and is colorized.  It is also 1.3MB,
which makes it hard to view in many browsers.  Perhaps it should be
split up into one file per month.

Of course, many would prefer a file like HISTORY, which is much more
concise.  The problem is that I can't accurately condense and filter to
create a HISTORY-like file until I have a pile of CVS commit messages at
the end of a release cycle.  For example, look through the CVS file and
imagine what entry you would add to CHANGES for each commit.  It
requires thought, and it often requires you consolidate existing entries
in the CHANGES file to add the new change.

Pennsylvania19026