pg_dumpall perms errata... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sean Chittenden
Subject pg_dumpall perms errata...
Date
List pgsql-general
Quick FWIW.  When I create user accounts for postgresql, I setup users
so that they can't create databases or users.  No biggie.  I also
create databases that are the same as the user's username and set the
datdba to the user's userID.  This system works out great until doing
a pg_dumpall and psql -f foo.sql restore.

CREATE USER "user1" WITH SYSID 834 PASSWORD 'ugabooga' NOCREATEDB NOCREATEUSER;

[snip]

\connect template1 user1
CREATE DATABASE "user1" WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'SQL_ASCII';
\connect user1 user1

Would it be possible to create the database from the original
connecting user, then update pg_database with the appropriate sysid?
Something like the following:

CREATE USER "user1" WITH SYSID 834 PASSWORD 'ugabooga' NOCREATEDB NOCREATEUSER;

[snip]

CREATE DATABASE "user1" WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'SQL_ASCII';
UPDATE pg_database SET datdba = 834 WHERE datname = "user1";

\connect user1 user1
/* Continue restoring data.... */

--
Sean Chittenden