Why Bruce is no longer allowed to post to -hackers ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Why Bruce is no longer allowed to post to -hackers ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
After spending this evening and last with Bruce trying to figure out *why*
he can't post to -hackers, I email'd one of the Majordomo developers,
figuring that maybe we had some sort of database corruption ... after he'd
looked around a bit, the conclusion is that Bruce just posts too much:

"Apparently, because Bruce posts so often to pgsql-hackers, the data in
the _posts.D database for his address is too large, which causes an "out
of memory" error.  Removing the _posts.D database and making the
post_lifetime configuration setting smaller would prevent the problem from
recurring."

Recommendations have been applied (drop'd post_lifetime for all lists from
60 days to 10, since I can't think of any reason why we'd want to
restriction posting) and the _posts.D file has been removed ...

Bruce should be fine now ...