Re: UTF-8 data migration problem in Postgresql 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: UTF-8 data migration problem in Postgresql 7.2
Date
Re: UTF-8 data migration problem in Postgresql 7.2  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Tatsuo,

Thank you for this answer.

> Why don't you edit the output from pg_dump? It's just a text file.
I edited the output in Yudit. Nothing seems to be wrong.

> > Why did 7.1.3 allow the input of such data?
> It's just becuase no data validation checking was there before 7.2.
Data was entered by a Japanese translator using IE5.5, japanese fonts, Win2K,
Apache and Php with UTF-8 extensions. How can it be wrong? It displays well
under IE5.5. Are you sure it is not a PostgreSQL 7.1.3 pg_dump related bug?
Other users have the same problem when migrating to 7.2.

Furthermore, do you think I can migrate data using ODBC adodb calls?

Thank you for your help,
Jean-Michel POURE