Re: [GENERAL] Feature enhancement request : use of libgda in - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Feature enhancement request : use of libgda in
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 05:11:04PM -0600, Greg Copeland wrote:

> Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
> >On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 09:54:04AM -0600, Greg Copeland wrote:
> >
> >>I'm new to the list but I'm going to speak up anyways.  Being a core
> >>developer on several other projects, I feel that it's important to point
> >>

> >Welcome. It might have served you better to read some of the archives,
> >before judging how this community and it's core developers interact.
> >

> Sorry.  Didn't mean for it to sound like I was judging the group.  I was
> only trying to state observations as I've seen them so far and offer a
> suggestion.  I thought I was being constructive.

Hey, my fault - I came off sounding awfully harsh, myself. I guess I was
triggered by your opening disclaimer sating 'I haven't been here long, but...'

There's been more than one occurance of people showing up and telling the
community how it should run, without seeing how it has run in the past.

> Actually, I have been reading the archives ALOT!  Since they are not
> searchable (searches for me result in nothing happening) it greatly
> limits the accessibility and thusly the usability of them.  As a result
> I've been having to manually browse and read  various threads to see if
> they pertain to anything I'm interested in.  Sorry.

Yeah, that's not fun. There have been a number of administrative problems
recently with the archive search engine - looks pretty bad when a DB
project has DB backend problems, doesn't it? Sort of a cobbler's children
running barefoot problem. It's being addressed, AFAIR.

> I'll go back and hide in my cave now. :)

No, don't do that! Play out in public, with the rest of us. ;-)

Ross