Re: postgresql -- what's in a name? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From will trillich
Subject Re: postgresql -- what's in a name?
Date
List pgsql-general
the biggest chunk of bandwidth consumed by this exchange was
your reply, by the way: 101 lines -- far and away the biggest
chunk of traffic in the entire exchange.

physician, heal thyself.

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 08:49:10PM -0800, Medi Montaseri wrote:
> Yes, but Will can also simply ask and move on...for all we care, he can rename
> the entire program set to foo, goo, and whatever. Wasting this channel's
> bandwidth might lure other participants away, thinking this is a chat room.

i did ask. and got spanked, so i tried rewording my question,
since my first iteration was misinterpreted by many.  and i got
spanked again.  is THAT the type of lure you expect to make your
e-list grow?

how about discussing interesting aspects of the project, in
addition to 'please solve my sql problem for me' questions?
just an idea.

"chat room" you say? get real.

next time when someone asks something and it gets under your
skin -- make sure you understand what they're asking.
discussing the name of this project may be a bit off topic
(altho the name of the list is pgsql-general, not
pgsql-execution-questions) but it sure isn't teen gossip.
either skip the post altogether or take a breath and see if you
can figure out what the asker is really after.  don't just jump
down their throat with a knee-jerk 'read the goddam faq' reply.
(if they're truly being lazy, BE SURE ABOUT IT and *then* jump
down their throats.)

luckily, tom and others supplied useful information and i
managed to find the answer to my question, despite your best
efforts to send me packing. nonnie nonnie boo boo. :p

--
Legalize Liberty.

will@serensoft.com