Re: [GENERAL] Feature enhancement request : use of libgda in - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Feature enhancement request : use of libgda in
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Feature enhancement request : use of libgda in  ("Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
List pgsql-hackers
Le Lundi 11 Février 2002 16:52, Andrew Sullivan a écrit :
> If it's that important to you, implement it yourself, or pay one
> of the able developers to work on a feature you want.

Thanks for the information. If you help us, I pay you a beer in Paris. Dave
Page will probably too in Oxford, so that makes two beers. Dave Page is
working hard on pgAdmin2 writing thousands lines of code. As for myself, I
will concentrate on something comparable to pgAdmin2 in a libgda / GTK+
environment because I think Windows has no future.

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW / TRIGGER and ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN are real
priorities for us at pgAdmin team (http://pgadmin.postgresql.org). I don't
know PostgreSQL internals, but it should take a few days/weeks to an
experienced hacker to add these features.

So why should I do it myself ? We are a community after all. We are not
working for money but helping each others. If we are bringing pgAdmin to a
large audience, we need more help from hackers on what we consider important :

It should be possible to modify or drop any schema object (with a priority on
views, triggers and columns). This is absolute priority for us. Can anyone
help us? Can we make sure it will be added to 7.3? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel POURE