Re: Kerberos and fe-auth... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: Kerberos and fe-auth...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > I don't think it's any surprise that I'm hot on kerberos (updated docs
> > will come, one thing at a time), however I'm really really really
> > supper annoyed with the fact that I can't specify a way for a host to
> > optionally use krb5 or optionally use password authentication.
>
> What???  Have you looked at pg_hba.conf recently?

In pg_hba.conf:

host         all         0.0.0.0       0.0.0.0             krb5
host         all         0.0.0.0       0.0.0.0             password

And from the CLI:

> klist
klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_80.1)
> psql -h db1 dbname user
psql: fe_sendauth: krb5 authentication failed

The only way I can do something about that is to reverse the order of
the above entries in hba.conf, however, if I do that, then I can't use
krb5.  One or the other, not both, and that's my problem...  thoughts?
-sc

--
Sean Chittenden