Re: 7.1.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: 7.1.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Denis Perchine wrote:

> This is nice. But I hope that you are agree that it is not a good idea
> to switch production system to RC1 version. A bug I mentioned is a real
> problem. Is it possible that it will be addressed? I could do this
> myself, but as far as I remember the fix was done by you, and was quite
> large.

Actually, I'm running a couple of production databases on a v7.2beta ...
one of them is quite heavily pounded to, as its used for logging and stats
for a FreeBSD Firewall bridging between the Internet and a B-Class network
...  hasn't failed me yet, and its been in production since before Xmas
due to the "VACUUM doesn't lock tables" addition ...