Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stephan Szabo wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Justin Clift wrote:
>
> > Michael Devogelaere, the guy who writes the QMail-SQL package has
> > recently started moving away from using PostgreSQL to MySQL.
> >
> > In his experience, MySQL works better.  Now, he's just tested them over
> > the weekend, and what he reports is that PostgreSQL *crashes*.  Doesn't
> > just go slow, but *crashes*.
> >
> > Would someone be able to take a look into this?
>
> I went to the page mentioned below and wanted to try grabbing the test
> scripts to see if I could replicate the crash, but got 404's for the
> testscripts.tgz link on the page.  The speed doesn't surprise me as much
> as the crash does.
   As  the  doc  says,  all  done  totally untuned. And CRASH by   itself doesn't say anything. A little more precise
would be   good.

   Other  than  that,  once  again one of these mostly read only   scenarios with simple queries where it is well known
that  a   real database cannot compete.

Jan