Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL
Date
Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL  (Michael Devogelaere <michael@digibel.be>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Justin Clift wrote:

> Michael Devogelaere, the guy who writes the QMail-SQL package has
> recently started moving away from using PostgreSQL to MySQL.
>
> In his experience, MySQL works better.  Now, he's just tested them over
> the weekend, and what he reports is that PostgreSQL *crashes*.  Doesn't
> just go slow, but *crashes*.
>
> Would someone be able to take a look into this?

I went to the page mentioned below and wanted to try grabbing the test
scripts to see if I could replicate the crash, but got 404's for the
testscripts.tgz link on the page.  The speed doesn't surprise me as much
as the crash does.