Red Hat 7.2 Regression failures (Re: pltcl build problem on FreeBSD (was: Re: pltlc and pltlcu problems)) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Red Hat 7.2 Regression failures (Re: pltcl build problem on FreeBSD (was: Re: pltlc and pltlcu problems))
Date
List pgsql-hackers
[I trimmed the CC list. It was getting out of hand. Boy, how I despise having
to use reply-all.... :-)]

On Wednesday 23 January 2002 04:44 am, Murray Prior Hobbs wrote:
> and ran the check (make check) - 79 tests passed

> then i ran the make installcheck

> and get precisely the same failures as i got on my 686 over the last 3 days

> could somebody else confirm these findings please or suggest what's going
> on

This probably has nothing to do with the TCL issue.  It is the locale setting
biting you.  The first regression run using make check is using the C locale
-- which passes all tests.  The second run isn't using the C locale,
apparently. And those tests fail when the locale is not 'C'.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio