Re: PHP Abstraction layers - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Re: PHP Abstraction layers
Date
List pgsql-php
On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

> ADODB is a good solution if you whish to use it 'alone', whithout any other
> libraries.

Thanks for the feedback. This is along the lines of what I was looking
for. From what I have read ADODB is best for people coming from a MS
world. I wouldn't count myself on that crowd.

>If you need a framework of PHP objects go for PEAR DB (PEAR
> framework) or MetaData (BinaryCloud framework).

That is certainly along the lines of what I am looking for.

> BinaryCloud framework is much more advanced than PEARDB. Metadata can handle
> nearly all PostgreSQL objects. It has better design. Maybe you could have a
> try at it.

Care to expand a little on this. What do you mean by "can handle nearly
all pgsql objects"? Do you have an URL for MetaData? Is this the same as
what is on the phpclasses site? (phpclasses.upperdesign.com)