NULLs on datetime problem (for me at least :) ) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Stephen Ingram
Subject NULLs on datetime problem (for me at least :) )
Date
List pgsql-novice

Hi there,

I am having problems loading data into a datetime field when
the table allows NULL for the date.

I assume I am doing something silly. Can anyone help me?
Preferably technical rather than medical :)

Cheers

steve

# here is my test table.

--
--    Test table.
--

# here is my datafile, with empty date data

si> cat datafile
fred|
bob|
harry|

# here is the table is Postgres

mydb=# \d mytable
                 Table "mytable"
 Attribute |           Type           | Modifier
 myname    | character varying(50)    | not null
 mydate    | timestamp with time zone |

# here is the copy line I was trying.

mydb=# COPY mytable FROM '/home/si/datafile' USING DELIMITERS '|';
ERROR:  copy: line 1, Bad timestamp external representation ''