Re: [HACKERS] CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW / TRIGGER - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: [HACKERS] CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW / TRIGGER
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Dear community, dear friends,
>
> I know it is feature freeze, so forgive me for this (ancien) question : would
> it possible to add CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW and CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER in
> current PostgreSQL 7.2 release? Otherwise, it will take another year before
> these long-needed features are added.
>
> Is this really a difficult hack?

    If  difficult  or not doesn't matter. It is not the way we do
    development in the PostgreSQL team.

    We are  right  now  in  BETA5  and  Release  Candidate  1  is
    scheduled  for  tomorrow.  Plus  v7.2 is overdue, long waited
    for.

    No chance, sorry. v7.2 will go out  the  door  without  these
    features.   But  you are more than welcome to provide patches
    for v7.3 that implement them.

Jan