Re: PostgreSQL 7.1.3 recovery tool "pg_check" no longer works - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.1.3 recovery tool "pg_check" no longer works
Date
List pgsql-general
Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Has anyone taken a look at the pg_check data recovery tool with
> PostgreSQL 7.1.x or 7.2bx?
>
> http://www.arcamax.com/pg_check/
>
> It was known to work with PostgreSQL 7.0.x, but I can't get it to
> compile with PostgreSQL 7.1.3.
>
> It seems we now have no last-ditch-effort recovery tools available.
>
> :-(
>
> Has anyone played with this and gotten it working?  (And can hopefully
> share their changes with us)
>
> Or, does anyone know of any other last-ditch-recovery-effort tools?
>
> We kind of need at least one.  You know, just in case.

Well, my new pg_upgrade can be used as a recovery tool, and has been
used for this purpose in the past.  It requires that you be able to
access the system tables of the old database.  It may help you.   It is
in CVS under /contrib.