Re: mysql-pgsql comparison - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: mysql-pgsql comparison
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 02:23:44PM +0100, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Yeah. This article was probably written directly by the MySQL team. This is
> what you learn in the computing business. If you want someting published ..
> write it yourself and invite the journalist in a restaurant. I did it 2 or 3
> times when working for a telecommunication company.

:-)

> Don't worry about the results of such an article. It is simply not possible
> to benchmark MySQL against PostgreSQL because MySQL lacks many PostgreSQL
> features. A serious user immediatly understands this.

But too many people decide without this knowledge. :-(

> Why don't you start a mailing list for "Propaganda" and "Public relations".
> It should be possible to meet the main journalists and contact them on
> regular basis with ready-to-publish articles.

Good idea. Anyone else interested?

> With a network of one person by country (US, Canada, France,Germany, Italy)
> you would improve dramaticaly the presence of PostgreSQL in the world. It is
> not difficult to have articles published ...

I would be willing to be the one person in Germany. After all we could
publish the same article in different countries.

But I wonder how easy it is to get the articles out. The last time I tried,
I was asked how much I would pay for writing the articles. Of course it was
formulated as "how much advertisments do you order?" :-)

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De