Re: pg_upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Kalchev
Subject Re: pg_upgrade
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>>Bruce Momjian said:> I will not enable it until everyone agrees.  Are there people interested> in this tool being in
7.2,or who are against this tool being in 7.2?

I have never trusted pg_upgrade on production databases. This is where it is
actually targeted to (to minimize downtime). I have always done full
pg_dumpall and then full recreation of the database system, which
unfortunately in my cases take few hours. With so many little changes in the
structures pg_upgrade it is probably not very safe method anyway?

Just my opinion. :-)

Daniel