Re: pg_regress.sh startup failure patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: pg_regress.sh startup failure patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom,

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 11:47:06AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Code up a patch, test it, send in a diff ...

Is the attached patch acceptable?

> I think the only real risk
> here is to be careful not to write anything unportable.  I believe that
> "until" loops exist even in very old Bourne shells, does anyone think
> differently?

I just checked one of my old favorites, "The UNIX Programming
Environment," by Kernighan and Pike, 1984.  It appears that "until"
is understood by the Bourne shell back then, so its use should be OK.

Thanks,
Jason

Attachment