Re: software license question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: software license question
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ned Wolpert wrote:

Checking application/pgp-signature: FAILURE
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> I'm not sure its a problem.  The source code already contains the
> copyright, and this only affects the JDBC driver.  Perhaps we just need
> to put in the JDBC driver readme file that parts were provided by
> Exolab?
>
> I guess, it all depends on who defines "due credit".  The code was
> submitted by Assaf Arkin <arkin@exoffice.com>.  Who gets to ask?

To make things even more complex, the newer BSD copyright doesn't have a
"due credit" clause.  See the COPYRIGHT file at the top of our source
tree.

I suppose the copyright at the top of the file, and perhaps in the jdbc
README is enough.

Pennsylvania19026