Bug #537: In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql don't work. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject Bug #537: In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql don't work.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Roger (rogermg@teleline.es) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql don't work.

Long Description
Hi!

I recently installing Red Hat 7.2. One of RPM were your PostgreSql. I thing that there is a bug in the instalallation.
Packetis installed correctly with no error messages. When I try to init server by (etc/init.d/postgresql start) the
Linuxsays all is OK. But when I make a port Scan the PostfreSql Port (5432) is not openened and PostMaster process is
running.So PostgreSql don't work because I can not connect to databases... In redHat 7.1 all was ok.... But 7.2....

--
Roger

PD: Sorry for my english.

Sample Code