Re: Installing Libraries on remote pc - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Installing Libraries on remote pc
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 09:25:53AM +0000, Stuart Grimshaw wrote:
> I have an application that can log it's results to a postgres database. I am
> unable to install PostgreSQL on the remote OPC so I want to have it log its
> results to one of the other PostgreSQL servers I have.
>
> Is it possible to just install the libpq library without having to install
> the full PostgreSQL, as I doubt there would be enough disk space to even
> unpack the tarball.

Yes, the client and server sides are completely separate. On debian for
example, the client and server are different, independant package.

Not sure how you do it from the tarball though. I imagine you would have to
compile it elsewhere...

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/