Re: Possible bug in postgresql-7.1.3-1PGDG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Possible bug in postgresql-7.1.3-1PGDG
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 19 October 2001 11:38 am, John Fabiani wrote:
> I don't think you have to start from scratch.  Fair warning "I'm a newbie".
> Since you don't care about the old data I'd just create a new location
> setup.  "initdb -D /usr/pgsql/data"  I believe this create a new setup for
> your data.  Of course you will have to change the start up location in the
> start up scripts.  If you are using 7.1 RH I think the start up script is
> in "/etc/rc.d/init.d"

What you describe is more work than starting from scratch, at least on an
RPM-based system.  The RPM system handles getting everything created properly
and in the 'right' place for future ease-of-use and upgrading.

And Rich has replied that he now is Ok.  Although the list delay means that
you posted this before he posted his success message... :-)
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio