postgres to be run over SimOS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mohit Rohatgi
Subject postgres to be run over SimOS
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have been trying to prepare a postgres workload to be run over
SimOS to investigate the working of commercial workloads(eg.
databases like postgres) on multiprocessor environments. I have
been (at last!!),after lot of difficulties able to get that
compiled and installed. But now the problem for me is the
database server - postmaster. The postgres only allows it to be
run by unpriviledged user. The SimOS can be run as a
"superuser". For me to get postgres running on top of SimOS, I
can do so by being a superuser. My query to you is to how to
make the postgres  to be executed by the superuser. Where do I
have to make the changes in the source code?

Sincerely Yours,
Mohit Rohatgi
NCSU.