Re: Patch for pl/tcl Tcl_ExternalToUtf and Tcl_UtfToExternal support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Vsevolod Lobko
Subject Re: Patch for pl/tcl Tcl_ExternalToUtf and Tcl_UtfToExternal support
Date
Re: Patch for pl/tcl Tcl_ExternalToUtf and Tcl_UtfToExternal  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: Patch for pl/tcl Tcl_ExternalToUtf and Tcl_UtfToExternal  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: Patch for pl/tcl Tcl_ExternalToUtf and Tcl_UtfToExternal  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Next version of patch.
Now with documentation update and disabling of UTF conversion for Tcl <=8.0

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Vsevolod Lobko wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > > Is this looks better?
> >
> > It does, but one small gripe: the lack of semicolons will probably cause
> > pg_indent to mess up the indentation.  (I know emacs' autoindent mode
> > will not work nicely with it, either.)  Please set up the macros so that
> > you write
> >
> >                         UTF_BEGIN;
> >                         Tcl_DStringAppend(&unknown_src, UTF_E2U(part), -1);
> >                         UTF_END;
> >
> > and then I'll be happy.
>
> Attached revised patch
>
> > Your point about overhead is a good one, so I retract the gripe about
> > using a configure switch.  But please include documentation patches to
> > describe the configure option in the administrator's guide (installation
> > section).
>
> This patch still uses configure switch for enabling feature.
>
> For enabling based on tcl version we have 2 posibilites:
>  1) having feature enabled by default, but in pltcl.c check for tcl
>     version and disable it for old versions
>  2) enable or disable at configure time based on tcl version, but there
>     are problem - current configure don't checks for tcl version at all
>     and my configure skills not enought for adding this

Attachment