Re: Killing inactive connections - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Killing inactive connections
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 03:28:47PM -0700,
  Andrew Gould <andrewgould@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hhmmmm.  I see what you mean.  Perhaps an office
> policy regarding password protected screen savers or
> screen locks would meet the regulation's intent.  (It
> would also be simple and cheap.)

This is a much better solution. Timeouts suck and don't work well.
They take too long to happen when people leave their desk area and
get in the way of people trying to work. (This often gets to the
point where people run things that prevent timeouts.)

Putting an icon on the desktop for a password protected screen saver
makes it relatively painless to moderately secure a computer when
you step away from your desk.