Queries seem to lock up shell session - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From travep
Subject Queries seem to lock up shell session
Date
List pgsql-novice
I have installed Cygwin/PostgresSQL on a Win2000
machine and things seem to be operating correctly
except for one thing.  When I try to run a query from
the command prompt, the results are returned (after
much blank space) just before the word END.  Nothing I
do at this point seems to have any effect on the
system.  I cannot ctl-C out and eventually have to
shut down the shell.  I am able to create a DB, create
a table in that DB and insert data at will, it would
seem.  As soon as I try to see the data, I get the
above result.  What have I done wrong?

Thanks!
Travis