Re: why no stored procedures? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: why no stored procedures?
Date
List pgsql-general
roypgsqlgen@xemaps.com wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Is there any reason why there are no stored procedures for postgresql or
> does this have to do with the ability to add your own procedural
> language?

    What   exactly   do  you  mean  with  "there  are  no  stored
    procedures"?

    I mean, we have more  procedural  languages  than  any  other
    database  and  with  the  upcoming  v7.2  we  will  even have
    reference cursors for PL/pgSQL to pass them into and  out  of
    functions. So could you detail your question please?

Jan